What is Emotional Capability?
There is general agreement amongst those who have studied emotional intelligence that this is a significant contributor to a person's effectiveness. It provides the traction necessary for superior performance by enabling an individual's IQ, technical skills knowledge and expertise to be maximised. Emotional Capability(EC) emphasises that emotional intelligence is made up of a number of skill clusters that can be reinforced and developed.
Emotional Capability(EC) participant workbook and sample feedback report
The EC enables analysis of organisational effectiveness and can provide benchmark and trend data over time indicating the progress of organisational development interventions.
The ECP Model
EC Supporting Workshop
The workshop links with the EC and provides an interactive and supportive environment including experiential projects that reinforce the learning. There is also a comprehensive participant workbook. The workshop is able to be tailored to a group's developmental needs and can be designed to integrate with an overall organisational developmental programme.
New videos have been incorporated into the Emotional Capability workshop. These videos explore the self-awareness component of emotional capability and emotions at a time of very high tension.
The Profile Contents
- 66 questions, clustered into 24 elements within 5 components of Emotional Capability.
- The profile starts with a comprehensive overview of the research, constructs, model, definitions and guidelines for interpreting the report.
- The feedback is provided as an overall view, followed by data and then data within each separate component appearing as scores for self and others in combination with a bar chart.
- Any wide variations in scores provided by a person's respondents are indicated in the data.
- Each component has a narrative appearing after the data page which indicates the individual's strengths, areas for development and some suggestions as to actions the person may find useful.
- Finally, there is a page of Development Actions indicating the key action steps a person may wish to take to improve or enhance their emotional capability.
Emotional Capability Features
- Recent concept turned into practical tools to help apply learning into everyday practice.
- This program is combined with a workshop.
- A tool that can assist with organisation development and culture change with the ability to track results over time.
- Multiple uses - The EC can be used as the diagnostic basis for, individual development, team development, one to one coaching and/or, identification of organisation-wide development needs.
Who Should Attend?
The workshop is designed for people who perform leadership roles (senior through to first line positions) and those people who are considered to be key influencers in the organisation. In addition, this workshop is useful in building the effectiveness of an intact team and in providing front-line team members with skills in dealing effectively with customers.
ECP can be used effectively:
- As part of an Introductory program to help new people understand their entry level of competency linked to the organisation's competencies.
- As a core development opportunity for all leaders and potential leaders.
- As a longitudinal development tool by repetition of the Profile after 9-12 months to measure development (and the ROI of interventions).
- As an objective basis for remedial coaching e.g. where an individual is technically proficient but has less than effective self-management and interpersonal skills.
- As a diagnostic tool to support team building and the development of group emotional intelligence (as opposed to a group of emotionally capable people) or as the basis of individual coaching for development or career planning.